Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Shifting

The shift from summer to school year has been rough on my girl. It's not super obvious to others, but I see the stress. That's a blessing in itself. She constantly wants to know "what we doing?" or "where we going?" (yes, we are getting 3 to 4 word sentences, amazing)
When she is confused she gets upset very quickly which can result in screaming or hitting. She is a tiny thing, but oh SO loud. Thankfully it stops almost as fast as it starts. I can usually calm her enough to use her words. 
She will get the hang of our routine just as we start a different sports' season ;) For now, I am trying to be very proactive in how we transition from one thing to the next. Often times it needs more explanation than I want to give or have time for, but I am trying to slow down and be conscious of her little brain.
She is playing more, but only when Ryan or I sit and stay. Occasionally she will play by herself, but very very rarely.


I can't say she is excited for school or the nursery during my bible study (CBS), but she isn't too upset when I leave and is excited to tell me what she did while I was gone. I'll take it!

She likes to "help." I have shots of Mason and Ryan doing the very same thing :)
I found a box of crackers in the back of fridge and shaving cream on the pantry shelf ;)

No comments: