Monday, September 1, 2014

OBX, Fond Memories

These great pictures showed up in my inbox from Courtney. I LOVE them. Her beach post fills in a lot of my gaps. I didn't take nearly the amount of pictures I normally do.

I am wishing we could go back to the beach. I don't want to send 2 of to school tomorrow. The summer days are exhausting for me, but I wouldn't trade them. Compared to last summer, with a trip to China and then helping a "stranger" learn about life and love in our family, this summer was a breeze. We've had a super fun weekend, but tomorrow morning is coming and it's going to be a rude awakening for all of us.
These couples are such a gift to us and our kids. Left to right, Brian and Peyton, Pat and Courtney, us, Cary and Leah, Tim and Chari.
Both these little girls have 3 brothers ;) Tim and Chari's daughter, Cora, and Avery enjoyed their girl time. I can't wait to watch their friendship blossom over the years.
I still love watching these two together. Joshua and Owen, pretty much side by side the whole week. And their phone calls to each other are becoming a little more regular. Of course it's strictly sports talk ;)

1 comment:

Courtney Cassada said...

my heart hurts. for so many reasons. but it's mostly rooted in the fact that i have so VERY much to be thankful for.