Tuesday, September 2, 2014

1st day, 5th and 2nd Grade

Our morning felt more rushed than I would have liked, but went smoothly with no complaints or hints of nervous jitters. Owen is a "safety" on the bus this year, so he CAN'T miss it. They rarely rode the bus in the morning last year because it was just as easy for EJ to take them on his way to work. This will be an interesting change once the novelty wears off.

I will have to take a 2nd day of school photo of Mason b/c tonight he lost his top tooth. 
Four 5th graders at the bus stop this year.
The littles and I went shoe (for them) shopping (thanks Mim!)
 
I kinda forgot about a "special" snack and dinner for that matter ;) Thankfully our family scored the leftover smore items from our recent beach trip. Kind of a weird snack on a 99degree heat wave.
 Apparently I need to work on my questioning skills. I was attempting to hear about their days. Ha!
A lot more was shared over dinner. I guess they just needed some time. They had good days. No complaints. Owen has the same teacher as last year so the learning curve is easier. Mason is pretty excited to have a few buddies in his class.

Getting back to the routine is PAINFUL. I miss our summer pace.

No comments: