Sunday, January 26, 2014

Snow Week

Last week was hard, I am not going to lie. I should have stopped assuming the kids would go to school (we only got 2 inches of snow) and plan for them to be home. Instead, I was shocked each evening and had no plan for the next day. By Thursday, no one was getting along and they were constantly asking me what to do. For some crazy reason, they didn't like my chore suggestions ;) Keep in mind it was in the 20s all week.
Thursday evening, I somehow broke our upstairs thermostat while changing the batteries. To make a long story short, our house has heating and cooling issues without 2 thermostats. It was roasting upstairs and freezing downstairs. The kids are sitting on the heat vent in the kitchen after breakfast. It was Owen's idea, funny b/c he is the one wearing shorts and a tee shirt.
 
So while I was really wishing for some more personal space after 7 days of being together, they were all huddled up as close as can be. It looks sweet, but it didn't last long and they were bickering most of the time. Owen was convinced we could manage a game of Apples to Apples with our age range. Didn't happen ;)
Keeping it real!

No comments: