Thursday, March 28, 2013

Guess who is going to China with us?

If you grew up in my house, you would know I love to pack. I got this from my Nerna. She was the queen of early packers. My poor grandfather would have to wear the same outfit over and over again before leaving on a trip because she would have already packed his things, weeks in advance.
Weeks before going on vacation, I like to start my list. Now with 3 children to pack for, I actually have a spreadsheet I update after each trip. Just to make sure it's perfect ;)
Don't be fooled. My daily to-do lists are not this fancy, nor do I even use one (regularly). It's only for the love of packing. For this reason, I actually don't mind camping. It's packing to the extreme ;)
So, with my first major international trip in the near future, you can only imagine. Not to mention I have been waiting to buy little girly items for 8 years a long time.
I have found plenty of lists online from momma's travel to their little ones. They make me look like an amateur list maker ;)
I have a bin in the Sugar Plum's room that I have been adding to over time. It has been fun and helpful to have one specific place to keep them. The newest item added is this precious handmade doll. I bought her here from a mom of three boys ;)

The doll will be making the journey with us, in hopes of coercing Sugar Plum into my arms. It is very likely she has never seen a doll before, so it may not work.
We still don't know exactly who else will be making the trip to China. This is turning out to be a bigger decision than I ever imagined.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

she is so cute! praying for the decisions...