Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Dinner Conversation

Mason- "When I have kids I am going to be a really nice daddy"
Owen- "How do you know you are going to have kids?"
Mason- He looked completely taken aback and said, "everyone has kids"
Owen- "No they don't"
Mason- "Well, then I will adopt from China."
Owen- "I might adopt if it weren't so expensive. I don't agree that people should have to pay so much, to do a nice thing."
Me- "So if you were in an orphanage with no family, you'd want to be left there?"
Owen- "uh, no, but it shouldn't cost so much."

Adoption is always on our minds. And I love this. Even at the age of 9, he hit the nail on the head. A huge reason people don't adopt is the cost.

God is showing me how faithful he is to provide for the orphan and for those who care for them. I think it’s tempting to see the cost and turn our heads the other way, but by doing that we lose a chance to see just how big our God is. Sure, it is important to be wise stewards of what he has given us, but we also must remember it is His in the first place. IF God is calling someone to adoption or hosting, He will provide the way.

No comments: