Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Didn't Anticipate

My days are SO full (already with 3, yikes) that I am never bored like I used to be when Owen was little. I remember going places just because there wasn't anything else to do. Ha! Those days are long gone. I am perfectly content to spend multiple days at home just living life and trying to maintain (not very successfully) our home and 5 schedules.

In my head, I assumed Ryan's crib would be disassembled and reassembled into his new room. After all what's the rush. He loved his crib. Funny that the day before the switch he decides to scale the railings and quietly escape his bed for the first time.

We decided it was silly to do all the extra work to move the crib, if he was now able to climb out.
So, I had no time to mentally prepare myself. No time for an silent pep talk of how I would be fine with my baby in a big bed. It just happened.

I was sad. But no tears. He couldn't be happier. I am thrilled for him.

I am sure it's just coincidence but he is acting bigger in other ways. His language, getting undressed by himself, and using the potty better. (I have the longest potty trainers EVER)

What I didn't anticipate was the feelings I would have now that his room is empty. It's at the top of our stairs, there is no way to avoid the darkness. His room will soon become Sugar Plum's room. I am finding it takes my breath away each time I pass by. I want her home! I want to see her sweet face for the first time and I want to hold her in my arms and I want to bring her home.

Last night EJ came home with amazing news from work. End of the year bonus related kind of news! I started tearing up at the generosity and provision from the Lord. Owen walked in and saw my tears. He said, "What? Did you see a picture of sissy?"

I am not the only one who thinks of her. Owen doesn't say much about her, but when he does I see the softening of his heart. So many friends are praying for that specifically, and I am forever grateful.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

oh goodness...i'm a mess after reading all that! ryan growing up...owen's heart softening...God so graciously taking care of you guys...and sugarplums room ready and waiting!