Thursday, December 13, 2012

Her Stash

We have a random assortment of items collected for Sugar Plum.
  1. twin quilt and sham
  2. doll house
  3. precious hand-me-down dress
  4. Chinese painting that Owen made
  5. beaded bracelet EJ's mom made
  6. tiny bracelet Mason made
  7. a board book and a chapter book
  8. earrings that match my ring 
...and now this pink pony
 
Mason came home from school the other day with a surprise gift for someone. He had earned a trip to the treat box and chose this for Sugar Plum. Seriously?! This is not the first time he has used the treat box to get gifts for others. But certainly the first time he took a risk and picked a girl toy. Owen had a field day with this one ;) So we have set the pony aside in her stash. He said he did it incase she came home that day. Oh.my.heart. (You know, in case I flew to China and back during the school day)

This verse struck me differently yesterday. Hebrews 11:1.
"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." 

I am pondering it and praying it for my entire family. As I look at the lists of waiting children in China, with the potential of seeing my daughter for the first time, I find myself worrying about what the photo and file will not show us. I know we will want more answers. We will spend a lifetime wanting to know more. But I realized after reading Hebrews 11:1 for a 1000th time, that this can apply to our process of accepting a referral. We will naturally want to SEE as much as we can. I am praying not just for us, but our parents as well, that we have faith and confidence in Him, even when we can't see. And that He makes the decision very clear and full of grace.

No comments: