Thursday, November 1, 2012

All Dressed Up

It is tradition for the kindergarten classes to parade around the school in costume. I am amazed at the hooting and hollering from the big kids. Perhaps just b/c they miss a few minutes of class ;)

 All lined up and ready to strut their stuff. Mason is on the far right in the back row.
 
My scary green dragon was a big hit with the kids and the teachers. 
Amazing was a little paint, cardboard, duct tape and art degree will get ya ;) 
This was our inspiration. But I hardly stuck to the instructions just kind of made it up as we went along. He had already lost his tail by this point.
This was him helping to paint the teeth and horns 2 weeks ago.
This is how much I love Chipotle. 
A $2 boorito was enough to resurrect the High School softball player bench warmer that I once was. My parents found my jersey and warm-up jacket when they moved and so generously gave it back to me :)No joking, I went out in public like this. 
Thanks to the help of my son's baseball pants and soccer socks and our band aid trick.
This is what having 4 males in the house, does to a lady ;)
Owen's costume pattern can be found here.
Pretty basic sewing (on the machine) and the felt didn't cost much at all.
Plus now he has a huge pillow pet ;)
 Ryan's costume was made by my mom, many many years ago when I was a child.
It still glows in the dark!
They had SO much fun. We have never had anyone to trick or treat with b/c there are so few kids in our neighborhood. But slowly there as been a turn over. At one point they joined in a group with 7 other kids.

Ryan LOVED getting candy. He didn't want to stop.
He is certainly our most outgoing child and had no problem helping himself to 2 or 5 pieces ;)
Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

so impressed with their costumes!
we did chipotle, too!!

Jill said...

Love the pictures... especially the one with the four of you on the steps. Yes, three boys surely change a lady. :)

Michelle said...

I love that you got dressed up, what a cool mom!