Wednesday, March 21, 2012

8

I don't usually love the school pictures. I get at least an 8x10, so we have it for an album of school photos. But this year I loved it. It is by far my favorite. He looks totally relaxed and himself.

I was thankful for some extra time to spend with Owen on his birthday. He had a teacher workday and was home from school!! I offered to take him to the batting cages for a little while and he just wanted to stay home. So sweet.

We had a picnic lunch in the yard after Mason got home from preschool.
We've really tried to make the most of the beautiful weather.
Later we celebrated with my family at his favorite hamburger joint.
Crazy how he is growing up. Reading the cards (and so seriously)
a multi-purpose sports net (so mommy doesn't have to catch ALL the balls or get hit by the balls;)
Today our yard looked like spring training. Even though I was the worst player on my JV softball team, I am so glad I had some coaching to prepare me for my team of boys. Oh, what the neighbors must think. Especially if I am out there in my jean skirt and flip flops ;)
Happy Birthday Owen!
Now, if I could only remember you've just turned 8 and stop buying size 6/7 for spring/summer clothes.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Awww! Happy Birthday Owen! Love the comment about catching balls in a Jean skirt and flip flops...you are an awesome mommy!

Courtney said...

happy birthday to a special boy!!! that IS a good picture! and how fun that he was home!