The scripture reading and awesome sermon this past Sunday led me to ask myself this question. In 2 Sam 7:18-29, David uses the phrase "your servant" 10 times while speaking to the Lord. In the Psalms, David often uses "Sovereign Lord." I think these phrases work well together, don't you?
I prayed this morning using those words. I was quickly blessed. And not in the way you might think. About an hour after praying, Ryan threw up (on me) all of his breakfast. This meant I was not going to Wellspring. I was very disappointed (Wellspring makes Tuesday my favorite day of the week) and I was dreading what the day might bring if Ryan had a stomach bug (Mason was sick last Wed).
The Lord did not let me wallow long. He graciously reminded me the very words I had just used in my prayers. "Sovereign Lord and your servant." He was asking me to believe them.
"Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me." John 12:26
"I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." John 15:15
What a generous God I serve, that He should honor me (by asking me to believe) and call me his friend!!
"If our King has sacrificed His life, how can we be His loyal subjects and insist on preserving our own?" Dr. Tom Ascol (pastor or Grace Baptist Church in Caper Coral, Fla.)
** Ryan did not get sick again and is acting totally normal :)
No comments:
Post a Comment