Monday, February 27, 2012

Opportunities

At the beginning of the season and almost all of last b-ball season, EJ would take Owen to practice (and stay). Well, recently I have discovered I quite like taking Owen myself. I get almost an hour of peace and quiet no one needing me ;) Plus EJ gets some one on one time with Mason (after Ryan is in bed) which rarely happens otherwise.
I also attended this weekend's game by myself. EJ stayed home to wait for the delivery of new mattresses for the big boys.
Between Friday night practice and game time on Sat. morning I had quite a bit of car time with Owen. It's so much easier to "enjoy" him when it's one on one. He calms down so much and we usually have great conversations. Well, I am usually just answering lots of questions. And they are usually sports related, so I am probably not answering them too well ;)
At the beginning of each new sport season, I drag my heels, for selfish reasons. It's a time commitment for all of us. But I quickly remember and SEE the advantages in team sports. Especially as Owen gets older. There are so many opportunities to talk about people's character, moral choices and loving others. (Remind me this in a few weeks with Little League starts).

His first ever foul shots. He was so excited and nervous. He missed the first one but sunk the 2nd one. His teammates were so excited for him. I loved watching a new confidence wash over his face.
 
His first successful "lay up." The tongue helps ;)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

LOVE the tongue! :-)

those are some precious opportunities! good for you for embracing it!