This year, we had 2 drastically different celebrations.
The first took place on our actual anniversary.
The boys and I created a "restaurant" for us ALL to celebrate together.
I gave them the idea, and they ran with it.
Owen created a menu for Mo's Seafood ("M"ason+"O"wen=MO)
We had small heart shaped cucumber sandwiches (Owen's idea) for an appetizer.
Mason is explaining the dish ;)
Mason is explaining the dish ;)
Owen took our orders
They both served us (sort of). EJ and I share a love for crab cakes.
These are the frozen kind, don't be too impressed.
It was a really fun dinner. Definitely not something I imagined myself doing 11 years ago:)
The second celebration was an overnight get a-way. My parents watched the boys and EJ and I cashed in a gift certificate he had received through work for a 1-night stay at a very nice Inn. It was especially beautiful with the Christmas decorations.
We have had so many anniversary pictures in front of Christmas trees. It cracks me up.
We did a little shopping. We had a great dinner out, despite the frigid temperatures.
Stumbled upon an adult league ice hockey game (random).
Our slow leisurely morning was my favorite part. It was SO quiet I almost couldn't stand it.
We each read and talked about what we were reading and enjoyed our coffee while it was still hot!
Then went out for bagels and more shopping.
It's kind of hard imagining being gone for more than 24 hours! When does that change?
5 comments:
I love your dinner with the boys! And oh what I would give for a slow and quiet morning....nice!
Happy anniversary!
happy anniversary to one of our favorite married couples! looks like fun, and the restaurant idea - so adorable! glad you got one night out where you didn't have to make the dinner :)
Happy Anniversary! Both look fun!
wow! such special days! LOVE the restaurant idea!
The restaurant idea is awesome and a very sweet way for the boys to be involved in celebrating. So glad you had the chance to get away. Great pictures!
Post a Comment