Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sea Shore

We arrived at EJ's grandmother's house Friday (June 17th) afternoon. Mason and I wasted no time. As soon as the car was unloaded we went to look at the beach with EJ's dad. They have been rebuilding the beach all winter. I've never seen it this wide. Amazing!!!
 Saturday morning the boys were up at their usual time (7). 
We headed out for a family bike ride. Notice the training wheels :)
 We rode bikes almost every morning. And to the beach (3 blocks) each time.
Saturday, our first day at the beach landed me some color. But not the color I was expecting. Two lovely black and blue bruises on my right upper arm and hip/bum. Normally, I carry my beach chair over my shoulder while riding my bike. Well the strap had broken since our last beach trip. Without thinking I threw the metal part over my shoulder and went on my way. About halfway down the first block the broken strap (flapping loose) got caught in my bike chain. Before I realized it my pedals were no longer moving. My bike stopped dead and I tipped right over onto my right side. I think the chair broke a majority of my fall and also made a terrible sound hitting the curb and street. It could have been so much worse. Fortunately, I had been approaching a stop sign so was actually going quite slow. I was really worried about my wrist and elbow. My upper arm and bum actually felt the worst the next day. I caused quite a scene. People came running (literally) to my rescue. EJ was several yards behind me with Mason and couldn't see me on the ground due to a parked car. He was yelling for me. People came out of their house. All because I carried too much to the beach. EMBARRASSING :) Not the best way to start a vacation.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ouch! So sorry for your fall! I hope you're feeling much better!