Monday, April 25, 2011

Box of Treasures

We had a morning at home. Mason's favorite ;) During Ryan's morning nap Mason and I ventured down into the basement. I pretty much avoid it at all costs. Not that there is anything wrong with the basement(unfinished) besides the fact that it is SO dirty and messy and is frequented by mice and spider-crickets. See, a totally lovely place ;)
Now is the time of year to go down there. It's not too cold and not too hot. A few months ago, EJ did a great job installing some shelving units and got a lot of stuff off the floor. It really did help. I still can't find things quite as quickly, but I am making new discoveries all the time.
Mason's preschool (at our church) is having a yard sale on May 14th (please COME!!) and yep you guessed it, we are hosting it in our yard/garage. I know I will regret this, but we really do have an ideal yard. Plus basements and garages are a rarity around us. And we have 2 long driveways. And it's good motivation to clean up and clear out!
Hence my reason for getting some work done in the basement. (EJ will not believe this)
I cleared out more floor space, started a pile for things to donate, threw random trash away. Now, if I can only part with my precious baby clothes. You would think having seen them used 3 times I'd be over them. Some of them I am. Some I never want to see again. Especially their favorites that they wore over and over and over again! I actually had to throw away a pair of pants (size 9 mo) the other day because each knee had a hole in them. Haven't had that happen with baby clothes, now jeans for a 4 yr old is a different story :)

My point to this whole post is that I found a small box of letters/cards that EJ had given me while we were dating, engaged and newly weds. It hasn't been opened and added to since we moved in '06. I sure hope I've saved cards since then. Reading them was such a sweet treat in my day! It's so good to go back in time. I really should write more notes to my hubby! I forget what book I read that encouraged couples to tell their story (when and where they fell in love, got engaged and married) to others. The point being that retelling their story stirs up their hearts. Today, it was a blessing to remember our story!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

oh, yes. that sounds so special! i bet you got lost in time!

Michelle said...

What sweet reading to find! I hope the garage sale goes well....wish I could come!

the reppard crew said...

so sweet! and, i hear you on the baby clothes . . . i hear you!