Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My HIGHlights

You know you are getting old when Christmas dinner is your favorite part. Especially if you are the cook and you can still say that. Last year was our first time hosting Christmas dinner, I was very nervous. This year it was just fun! Even with 3 children. Of course there were plenty of people and a wii to entertain them. EJ and I work so much better in the kitchen together than we use to. It's taken a few years, but the man knows me well. He knows when to step in and when to scoot out of the way. I enjoyed working by his side!
EJ and I worked on the menu together. Everyone contributed. I even tried out one of the side dishes, beforehand just for peace of mind. It was so yummy! Of course, I totally enjoyed everyone's praises too! I love a full table. 10 +Ryan. I didn't get up a single time, once the meal was served. It was nice after a busy day, to all sit in one place and enjoy each others company.

The main course was a pork crown roast with cranberry bbq stuffing.
I am so sure! Told you I was old.
I have no idea how it turned out so moist and delicious.
It was shear luck and perhaps a good cut of meat.
It was so easy to do, that was the best part.

Remember we had help from Mim on Black Friday?
Well, here's what she stood in line for from 3 -5 a.m. in the rain (with her brother and nephews). This and the Wii.

EJ and I totally splurged on ourselves. Our gift to each other, but really for me.
I have a lot of bad shots ahead of me, but I am learning!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Dinner looks delicious, and yeah for your new camera!

Courtney said...

dinner looks AMAZING!!! and LOVE your camera! you will LOVE it!

Christy said...

OHHHHHH I'm SO excited for you!!!!!

Your dinner is GORGEOUS----MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!