
You would never know it by the pictures, but this last month is marked in my mind with lots of tears, his not mine. Although, if I had the time, I'd probably be crying too. Funny, what bothered me with one child, I can not even begin to dwell on the third time around.
Thankfully Ryan was such an easy infant, that most days I fool myself into thinking he is still easy. When in reality he has been a lot fussier. Fortunately, he does great outside of our home. It's mostly the afternoons that are tough. I know it will only get harder before it gets easier. I am praying he won't start moving around until the Christmas decorations have been safely packed away :) He is not showing any signs yet.

His naps aren't great. That could be part of his sadness. I am also wondering if he is getting enough to eat. My breastfeeding days are numbered. I can't keep up with him. I am holding on for several reasons. I am sure the biggest reason is because he is my last. I will never do this again. It has felt more like a privilege and a blessing this time, b/c my experience with Mason was so difficult.
I love when a past struggle changes our mindset.Also, there is a saying, "don't bite that hand that feeds you." Need I say more? 4 teeth are even worse than 2. I am not sure when or how I will quit. Just taking it one day at a time.

Ryan is REALLY loud during meals. He definitely makes his presence known. Gerber's wagon wheels are my new best friend. They guarantee me a few minutes to get dinner ready and/or eat my own.

His smiles still make my heart skip a beat. 8 months later and I am still pinching myself :)
1 comment:
Tough or sad or not, he sure takes a great picture. be still my heart. How is he already 8 months?? He's heavenly from my perspective. :-) xo
Post a Comment