We had a great time last weekend. Can't believe it's already Thursday. My pictures turned out so bad (still broken) and I haven't been inspired to just write about the weekend. It was so nice to see family. I still want to blog some highlights.
Owen came home early yesterday. His stomach was still bothering him. He had some potty issues this morning so I kept him home today. Of course now he seems fine.
Funny that within a few weeks of school it feels strange to have him home. He doesn't know the routine and Mason isn't used to sharing his space. I loved having him home yesterday for lunch. I feel more whole when they are all together. Probably won't be saying that in a few hours. Oh my fickle heart.
Owen read a book out loud this morning on his own accord. I thought he was reading to Mason (I was in the kitchen just listening with a huge grin on my face) but it turns out Mason was "looking at a different book. Doesn't matter, Owen was quite proud of himself and even read it for me again! I have been waiting for this moment for a long time. He can totally do it, but it usually takes some twisting of his arms. I have been waiting for him to realize I don't have to be there. I just want him to pick up a book b/c he wants too. Oh and he is reading road signs like crazy. I never noticed how sketchy the billboards can be. Especially through Philly.
3 comments:
I have a Bumpo from Shannon that I won't need for months. Want to borrow it? I'm sure she wouldn't mind.
awesome job reading, owen!!!
So great that Owen is reading. And yes, it totally introduces new issues with signs. And words everywhere. Hello, checkout line at the grocery store. Certainly don't want to define those words for my 5 year old anytime soon!
Post a Comment