Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bouncing Around

Being a mom to 3 is very busy. The hours from 4-8pm are the busiest. We have a pretty good routine already, which I am still amazed about, but it is crazy. I feel like a ball in a pinball machine. Each son has very different needs and I am constantly bouncing around between the 3 of them.
Some afternoons go smoothly and I score a lot of points from everyone, although not without being bounced/hit around by the flippers. Then there are mornings I feel like I can't even get out of the ball lane (the starting place before the ball gets in the game). Other days, I go right down the drain taking everyone down with me.
Thankfully God continues to replenish my game even when I don't ask him too. He is faithful. Each day is a new day.
I wish I could say I quickly turn to Him. I know if I did, I would feel less battered at the end of the day, my children would feel more loved and I would have energy for my husband. Alas, I am always learning this lesson.

I am especially grateful that God doesn't keep score. The new balls keep coming. His grace has no end.

Oh, and did I mention the noise? A pinball machine is so noisy.

3 comments:

Alden and Dorian said...

Hi Ali, this is Courtney's mom. Just got on to see how things are going with you and I LOVE your illustration of your life right now! I'm impressed you are able to be creative in the MIDST of much these days. Good job Ali. Your 3 boys are adorable and they have a GREAT mom.

Laura said...

Ali, this is such a cute illustration. I totally get it. :)
Laura

the reppard crew said...

are you taking notes?
xoxo,
shannon