Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Best for Last

I really think our weekend could not have been more perfect. When Lissa and I planned this trip as a surprise for my mom, we had some hesitations (the trip was a surprise but she learned about it in April for her actual birthday).
I had vague memories of mom mentioning she'd like to go to Natural Bridge, but I wasn't totally sure. It seemed like a good choice with a variety of activities to please everyone. And it was. It was also a great travel distance for a baby who needs to eat so frequently.
The house we stayed in was nothing special, but it met our needs and was a comfy place to relax at the end of the day. It was nice to just be someplace where no one person was "hosting." We took turns cooking and cleaning up. We watched a movie one night.
The weather was much better than predicted. The rain came but usually we were in the car-perfect timing!
Ryan was a champ. He did great with all the hustle and bustle. The older 2 are still tired, but had a great time.
On Sunday before heading home, we went to the Lexington Zoo. It's definitely not a big or fancy zoo. They had the basics. Little did we know the highlight of the trip for our boys and Lissa and Alex would be an elephant named Beautiful.

I am so proud of Owen. He was very nervous.
After watching Alex and Lissa survive their ride he changed his mind.
Of course there was never a doubt in Mason's mind ;)


4 comments:

Sarah said...

oh wow!!! we will def have to plan a trip sometime to ride an elephant...how cool is that?!?!? :)

Unknown said...

lol! that's awesome :)

Michelle said...

That is so fun!

Courtney said...

finally caught up on your weekend! it looked so fun! and such a different vacation! love the faux fishing :-)