Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Face Lift

Tomorrow is Tripping Over Toy's 1 year anniversary. I've had a lot more fun blogging than I expected. When I first started, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to keep up and I wasn't really sure what I'd blog about. Well, 415 posts later, I think its safe to say I've figured it out. I am still not sure it's interesting to others and my writing skills are still terrible, but I love having such a great collection of photos and memories all in one place. (I guess my next task is having a blog book printed.)

I'll confess one reason for starting my blog was so I could design a blog header. Little did I know I would eventually design blog headers for other people. I've learned a lot more html than I ever thought I would. I am so thankful that EJ knows so much and is willing to patiently teach me. This new blog is more his doing than mine.

The blog has helped me be more intentional about thinking through what's on my mind and heart. I often find myself thinking in terms of a blog entry. This was addicting at first, but now it really helps me stop and think. It also helps me take notice of what my boys are saying and doing. I may not have as many professional pictures of Mason as I do of Owen, but I have a lot more candid shots.

A year later, I still find myself worrying about what others will think of me or if my blog is popular enough. But I've done that in all other areas of life for 31 years so why should this be any different?

P.S. my inspiration for this new look was the start of school. EJ and I will be parents of a school age child! I know I am going to be that mom that cries at the bus stop. I am tearing up as I type. This is the start of a whole new season for our family. I am sure it will be the theme of many future posts.

7 comments:

Catherine said...

Awww...I love it!!! Great job Ali (and EJ)! I'll be thinking about you as Owen starts school soon!

Courtney said...

ahhhh!!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE it! it's so cute!!!

Michelle said...

Very cute Ali (and EJ)! I'm so glad your blogging!

Christy said...

oh...i just got goosebumps!!!
I LOVE your new blog!

its awesome and so "you"!! especially your sig at the bottome...i love that feature!

you're amazing...so fun to get to keep up with your life from so far away! thanks for blogging! :)

Laura said...

It looks SOOO good, Ali! Love it. You and EJ are obviously a great team!

Leah said...

I love it! :)

Kate and Geoff said...

it's so awesome! and i love your signature at the bottom of each post too! what fun!