Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day with Mom

My Mom and I took a little road trip today by ourselves. We left early this morning and headed south for about 2 hours. Our first stop was the Greenfront Furniture Store. Well, all 13 buildings of it. We had a great time browsing. We were both casually looking for rugs and I was hoping to trip upon a dresser for Owen's room. I came close to buying a runner for the upstairs hallway but it wasn't long enough :( And no luck on the dresser. Nothing with a price tag that said "Beat on me, I belong in a boy's room."

Our second stop and main reason for the trip was my cousins baby shower. We have 2 baby boys entering the family with the exact same due date in Sept. We'll see who wins the race.

It was fun spending the day with my mom without the boys. We can't do it very often. I am very blessed to have her nearby.

EJ and the boys had a great day together. It was so fun being the one to come home and hear about their day. EJ had a delicious dinner waiting for us when came home! Hopefully he'll be up for doing it again when go back to Greenfront so my sister can join us :)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

fun!!! it's amazing what "time away" can do! sounds like you had lots of good "time" this weekend!!