Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

EJ and I had a wonderful weekend together. It's nice to "get away" as a couple, but I think its even nicer to be alone in your own home. (But I think it made us miss the boys more too. Seeing all their empty rooms, toys etc.) They had a great time at my parents. My mom even brought them back today. We are spoiled!

Mostly we enjoyed catching up with each other and spending time in the peace and quiet. It allowed me to get all decked out for our party. Painting nails, toenails, curling my hair. It was fun. The Dance was lovely. A group of friends that meet weekly for a bible study came up with the idea and did an awesome job. They are already planning to make it an annual event. Neither of us really got into a dancing mode. No big surprise there :) But we did reminisce about past dances and dance parties at college. (Afterall, we must always mention the 625 floor breaking)

I wore the dress from my sister's wedding. I received lots of compliments. Many ladies commented that they wished they'd worn their long dressy dress. I don't know if they were complimenting me or trying to make me feel better for being too fancy. Oh, well! Yes, I am wearing a coursage and it was a big topic of conversation. When EJ gave it to me, he said, "you realize you'll be the only one wearing one." He was wrong. I had a coursage wearing buddy, Elizabeth, who looked stunning in a fancy long dress. Looks like we were on the same page :)

A Valentine's Day weekend to remember!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

You guys look great!!! That dress is stunning on you Ali and how perfect to have a corsage to wear too! What a fun night!

Courtney said...

ahhh! you guys are too cute! you look beautiful, ali! (and you clean up nice too, ej ;-))

Michelle said...

What a good looking couple! And how fun that everyone planned a "dance"!