Today I attended an Open House (for parents) at Owen's future elementary school. I think about him going to kindergarten this the fall on a daily basis. Probably more often b/c his preschool is right across the street. I am definitely going to be one of those crying moms. Which surprises me a little. I think I would be okay if it were only for half day. He will be at school from 7:45-2:05 five days a week. I know he'll love it and he wishes he could go tomorrow. It's just going to be a huge adjustment.
I was very impressed with the principal and all the faculty that spoke. The whole kindergarten class performed numerous songs about what they've learned and what they like about school. The school has a diverse student body, an excellent PTA and reputation. We are very fortunate!
I can hardly believe Owen will be on that stage a year from now. I am the parent of an kindergartner! How did this happen?
No comments:
Post a Comment