Last night at the boy's bedtime I choose to read to Owen (EJ and I each do one boy) because I really felt crummy for our day and thought he really just needed some extra attention from me. We cuddled on his bed, read from a library book and then discussed Col 3:12-13.
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
I mention this b/c he actually seemed receptive. I talked about how I had not done those things today and that he had not done those things towards his brother. Then we repeated part of it together and I prayed. He actually looked like he was listening (this is not usually the case).
During part of our conversation he confessed he was fighting with Mason b/c he was bored. So we both agreed I would do a better job keeping him busy. I am so proud of him for articulating his feelings and so far today has gone much more smoothly.
After his quiet time we are going to make a menu for his restaurant. He has been a chef like the one we watched at the Japanese Steakhouse. He has been flipping plastic food all over the house. I plan to sneak "school" into the making of the menu :)
After putting the kids to bed last night, EJ and I had a good heart to heart about my upcoming Dr. appointment concerning my jaw. It was so nice to lay it all out there. I felt much better.
3 comments:
sounds like you ended your day "well" even though it was a hard one. that's something i have a hard time doing...normally i just throw in the towel and have it be over.
what a great ending to a hard day...that is so awesome about owen listening and responding...so neat to hear him applying the Bible to his life...and im glad ej was a comfort to you! let me know if i can ever babysit for you! :) im praying for you!
I'm so glad you had a good ending to your day....good conversations with your son and husband. That is a blessing!
Post a Comment