Mason and Ryan have had a week of school under their belts already. Nothing feels normal yet and our routines are completely out of whack. I am praying some better systems fall into place quickly before we all go crazy. Last year, Owen and Mason were pretty self-sufficient as students as far as making lunches, getting to the bus stop and doing homework. Now I am back to having a kindergartner and it's been a hard adjustment for me, plus emotionally everyone is fragile. I know it will pass...
Owen's first week did not go as we planned. He was very sick with a fever Mon-Wed and missed his first 3 days of middle school. He was glad but anxious to start on Friday. Thankfully he was well enough to also attend a middle school retreat with his youth group friends. He definitely feels like a fish out of water and knows very few kids in his classes. A lot of adjustment for him as well.
I will be very thankful when things feel somewhat routine and normal. Amazing how much I yearn for that, but in the midst of the crazy, God draws us together and we lean more on Him. I am thankful that I can remind my kids (and believe it myself) that God is close to all who call on Him, He has ordained each of our days, who we have for teachers, the friends we see and even the days we are sick are no surprise to Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment