Monday, June 15, 2015

5th Grade Farewell

The end of an era for my first-born. I can hardly believe my baby will be going to middle school in the fall. He had a wonderful elementary school experience and we feel very blessed and thankful.

1st day of KG (it was raining)

 The 5th Grade Farewell and Awards Ceremony took place June 11, 2015.
Mason was part of the 3-person color guard. Such a sweet moment in his brother's big day.  
I am the kind of person that smiles almost constantly on stage, my son, not so much. 
Although after looking at all these faces not many of them look very excited ;)
 Owen's 5th grade (and 4th grade) teacher.
 Receiving his awards. The best pic I got :(
 So proud of our now 6th grader!
I have so much to learn about preteens and he is moving at a fast pace. It's hard to keep up. Soon he will go on his first overnight camp for 4 nights in another state. Ugh my heart!
I am glad he is such a confident kid but this also has it's disadvantages. He loves to stay busy (socially) and be spontaneous, both of which I could live without, this will be a constant rub in our relationship. I am trying to better understand him and also be considerate of the fact that he will be constantly changing for a long time and has NO clue himself who he is. Thankfully the Lord knows exactly and he walks beside both of us all the time!

No comments: