It's really cold here. It could be worse, but it's plenty cold enough for me. Yesterday while the littles rested, I decided I needed to find a sliver of sunlight, hoping for added warmth. I would love if my house had more natural light, but we make the best of it. I moved a chair, it works ;)
I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It feels good to again find "rest" and "comfort" in His word. I have hated feeling like I am constantly digging deep in my back pocket for the Truth that I once read, rather than it being fresh from the pages. He faithfully carried me along the way and I am thankful that I could still feel him with me even when I couldn't glean much from His word.
While I was in my sunny spot reading from John and my SRT devo, I stopped on these verses and pondered a little longer.
"After this many of his disciples turned back and no longer walked with him. So Jesus said to the Twelve, “Do you want to go away as well?” Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life, and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God.” John 6:66-69
"Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life..."
So why does it take me so long to come? Why is this not the first place I run? Why am I always pleasantly surprised when I do?
Thankful that "[God's] word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:105
No comments:
Post a Comment