Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Good Stuff

This might not look like much, especially to all of you who have played Candy Land enough for 2 lifetimes, but for me it's a sweet picture. Ryan hasn't had the privilege of playing many board games. Avery tends to keep that from successfully happening. Today, I thought I would give it another shot, it's been awhile. He did great staying on task and following the rules (another reason we don't play often). Avery sat squirmed on my lap and picked my cards for me. If I could track her movements per second per day, oh my goodness!
We played several rounds without her frustrating us both to the point of quitting. It might sound silly but it felt like a small miracle.
I was delighted to give my boy the satisfaction of beating his mom at a game and I rejoiced in the progress I saw in Avery to engage with us.

1 comment:

Courtney Cassada said...

yay yay yay!!! that's awesome!!