Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Season Change

I am well aware of the fact that Avery has been getting lots of blog space :) Partly because we are connected at the hip, so she is always there. I also don't have to hide behind a big oak tree to take her picture.
This one is fighting the weather change. Whoever said boys don't argue about what to wear to school has never met my son. He is wearing pants in this picture only because it's his punishment for arguing about wearing pants to school the day before.
We are very very lax about what the boys wear to school. Most days they do not match and they look like they just rolled out of bed. We do have a collar shirt rule for Sundays, so there is no arguing about which t-shirt is nice enough for church.
SO when cold weather comes, Owen HATES wearing pants and the arguing begins. Last year, we set a temperature range and we are sticking to it again, but it's killing him and US as he adjusts. The morning temp has to be above 35 and a high of 55 in order to wear pants. This still brings tears. Personally, I think he is crazy, you never have to tell me when to put more clothes on, I HATE being cold.
His natural body temp is so much higher than mine and I am jealous that he stays so warm (even to the touch). I realize it's also the trend and style for boys to wear shorts ALL THE TIME. Today, he is on an outdoor field trip and I have worried about him all day. He is wearing pants and a light jacket. It's only 41 degrees but feels like 35 and we just had snow flurries. UGH!
He can not run as fast in pants. They easily slows him by down 5 mph! Because the school day is only about recess ;)

3 comments:

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

My son is the SAME way. He is a third grader but he wants to wear shorts EVERYDAY. Then my youngest (also Ryan) wants to copy him so I get to fight with two of three boys. It's so so tough. Hang in there. I like your temp. rules.

Courtney Cassada said...

SAME story here. not tears, but WANTS to wear shorts all the time!