Ryan had a friend over today. So fun!
I am here. Well, my body anyway. My head and heart are kinda in China ;) I have more time to think now that the paperwork is mostly done. Now I get why this is the harder part. Time to think isn't always good ;)
The other day when we went to the art museum there was a large group of Chinese adults in a guided tour together. They stopped in 1 small room that was the Japanese "Temple" room. I steered Ryan's stroller over and squeezed us in. I found myself breathing deeper and listening intently to their Chinese conversations. Hoping just maybe I could feel a little more of her while I was in their presence.
Sounds totally crazy. But what part of this process isn't crazy? We didn't have a "heart" for China when we started this process. But God is giving us one. I am currently ready juvenile fiction just b/c the author is Chinese and the story is about 3 sisters Taiwanese-Americans who travel home to Taiwan for their summer vacation. It was on the new book table so I picked it up. Seriously?!? Who am I?
I really am trying not to wish the days away. But it's so tempting!
1 comment:
if you want to get into chinese history, you should read wild swans. it's probably a lot deeper/difficult to read than what you're reading now, but it's a great look at chinese culture and how it affects women.
Post a Comment