We hosted a multifamily yard sale at our house this past weekend. All the items were donated and 100% of the proceeds goes to a scholarship fund at Mason's preschool. This was our second year. This is the only picture I took. Last year I took more.
Last year we simply (ha) hosted the sale. This year EJ and I were more in charge of the planning, advertising, pricing, poster making/placing, setting up and cleaning up. WHAT WERE WE THINKING?!?! It will take some serious convincing to do that again.
We did have tons of help and I can't think those individuals enough.
My poor family! Uncle Alex helped load the truck on Friday night. Aunt Lissa came over on Sat to work the sale. My parents kept the older 2 overnight and away until about 10 a.m. Sat morning. EJ's mom watched Ryan A LOT during the week as I priced several mornings, loaded the truck, and worked the sale. I probably won't be the only one that needs convincing next year ;)
It was a success. $1600 raised despite less donations and less shoppers. The weather was gorgeous. I was not sick like last year! My body managed the physical labor. There are many praises to be made!

No comments:
Post a Comment