As I have alluded in many recent posts, I am feeling so much better. Sometimes I am amazed when I've done something I haven't done in a long time without even realizing I am doing it with no pain. It's as if my body as already forgotten. And then there are times, when I am overwhelmed with thanksgiving and am able to reflect and be in awe of God's grace to me. This was one of those times. One morning while we were in the OBX, I spent almost 40 minutes on Joshua's boogie board.
Memories of being in the ocean with my sister and cousins every summer came flooding back.
The waves were gentler than I remember and thankfully I never took a nasty tumble.
The smile on my face is pure JOY, but it is also gratitude. I actually started crying out there in those waves. Tears of joy b/c I felt good enough to be out there. I don't think I have fully realized just how bad I felt the past 3 yrs until I starting feeling better.
I pray my appreciation for what I've got now, doesn't fade. That I will take with me forever, what God has done.
And yes, I am sporting a rash guard shirt. I figured with 3 boys it was worth the investment. Who knows when I'll take up surfing or white water rafting ;)
My arms are just now feeling back to "normal" almost a week later. They were so sore. And my lips felt funny for days with all that spitting salt water. But it was totally worth it.
More beach shots
Levi
Levi and Courtney
5 comments:
oh, ali. and i have many PRAISES to HIM for answering my pLEADING prayers on your behalf...that you would be healed...but ONLY for HIS glory! He is good! what a JOY to watch you out there!!!!
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!
Ali, that makes my heart SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
....LOVE what Courtney said...precious!!!!!
Awesome! I am so grateful that you are feeling so good and had such fun at the beach!!
Funny, I spent some time on the boogie board at the beach this summer too. It is still fun! But I am very THANKFUL that you are feeling well enough to be out there!
Post a Comment