It's been a looooong time since I've done consistent yard work. This spring I worked really hard for more than a week. It was awesome and I loved it. My kids are finally at an age where they can be trusted to play both indoors and outdoors, while I work. Plus my body is stronger and was able to endure days of work in a row without too much soreness!
Avery really enjoyed working too.
A whole new flower bed by the mailbox was a lot more work than I anticipated. Digging out grass and then making holes by a huge tree, is not easy or quick. But we love the results.
Our garden was tended too. I am afraid not all the transplants were successful :( Time will tell.
We had several trees removed which mostly opened a huge can of worms as the underbrush is more visible now and needs some major attention. Good thing we are done inside the house (at least for awhile)!!
One important lesson learned, it require much less effort and time to trim and destroy, than to load and discard at the dump (with a loaner truck). At one point EJ might have joked I was the Tasmanian devil.
The exterior of the house got power washed and it motivated me to clean windows.
My view from the kitchen, with dwindling mulch pile in background.
Ryan loves bugs. Avery loves him. And I love spring (at least before the 2 weeks of rain).









No comments:
Post a Comment