THIS week is Yangcai's birthday!! Lord willing, it will be his last without a family. On RYAN's birthday, a few weeks ago, we found out that a family in Florida submitted a letter of intent to adopt Yangcai. Ryan got to open this card along with his other gifts. Not only did the Lord answer our prayers but that we'd find out on Ryan's birthday felt like the cherry on top!
His adoptive family has two girls from China ages 10 and 14. He will be a middle child :) I don't know how long the process will take, but the family is starting from the very beginning. I am guessing at least 9 months.I can't tell you the weight that was lifted from my shoulders when we received the exciting news. (As if it was all up to me- good grief)
I am humbled, to think that I had been praying for less than 4 months (including his visit) for him to find a family and it felt SO long and at times hopeless. Compared to his 12+ years of waiting for a family... I can't even fathom. I have no idea what it's like to truly long for something, God has been so merciful to me.
IF your heart as been touched by this amazing boy and the journey that God has allowed us to be a smaller part of, please consider donating to his adoption fund. http://reecesrainbow.org/104570/jack
No gift is too small. The money is donated on behalf of the child, not the specific family, should anything fall through. Your donation will be tax deductible. Most international adoptions cost on average $30,000. I know for a fact, a third adoption was not on this couple's radar. However their hearts have been compelled and they are stepping out in faith. Please pray for them and Yangcai while he waits. Praise God with us, for this wonderful news! Our family has certainly be encouraged.


2 comments:
I love reading this!!! Praise God. :)
What happy news! Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment