If you want a causal way to meet any of these boys or have any questions about the craziness of hosting, then I have the perfect opportunity for you. This Sunday 2/28 at 12 pm we are hosting a luncheon at our church. All three host families will be present, please join us for awkward noodle slurping. No chopstick skills required ;) Details can be found on our church orphan care blog here.
And finally, I can't tell you how much good this impromptu pizza lunch date was for my heart. Turns out he LIKES pizza! I love pizza and it was SO fun to realize this about him, to connect with him even if we ate in silence.
I long to "know" my kids and each time we introduce someone new to our family whether biological, adoption or now hosting, I tend to panic in stomach-ill, sort of way. It boils down to wanting to know those I live with, partly because I like things to be predictable (God is helping me with that to) but mostly because my heart wants to know how to love and care for those closest to me.
This is one of the hardest things I have ever done, but God is working in all of us. I hope to be more specific soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment